Car Accidents and Aggressive Driving
Denver Car Accident & Aggressive driving Injury Lawyer
In the United States, there are approximately 6 million car accidents every year. The danger and likelihood of a car accident increases exponentially when people engage in aggressive driving behavior. In fact, statistics show that aggressive driving is at the root of a large number of fatalities and injuries. Specifically, aggressive driving causes approximately 425,000 fatalities per decade, 35 million injuries per decade and $250 billion per year. With Colorado winter weather conditions making the roads sleek, aggressive driving poses a deadly risk for everyone on the road.
Forms of Aggressive Driving:
There are many different ways in which people engage in aggressive behavior while driving, such as:
- Running through red lights or stop signs
- Failing to yield when appropriate
- Failing to use one’s turn signals
- Making rude or obscene gestures to others on the road or yelling at other drivers
- Engaging in unsafe behavior around pedestrians
- Making excessively quick turns around corners
- Weaving through traffic
- Making frequent lane changes
- Driving at excessive speeds in unsafe conditions
What Can Be Done to Avoid Aggressive Drivers?
If you are on the road with aggressive drivers, and chances are good that you will be, you should try your best to avoid them so you can help prevent an accident from occurring. Some ways to keep you and your passengers safe around aggressive drivers are:
- Slow your speed down and move out of the aggressive driver’s way. Give that driver plenty of room to pass you and others safely.
- Ignore rude behavior and gestures made by the aggressive driver and avoid encouraging his behavior.
- Do not challenge the driver in any way or retaliate by engaging in aggressive behavior yourself.
- Once the situation has passed, report the driver to the proper local authorities and provide the license plate number, make and model of the vehicle and the location of the incident.
If you are unable to avoid an accident due to the conduct of an aggressive driver and are injured as a result, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries. An experienced Colorado personal injury attorney can take action and obtain full compensation for your injuries.
Contact a Denver and Aurora Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact Denver car accident lawyer John R. Fuller today. The Denver personal injury attorney you select often makes the difference between a settlement that favors the insurance company and a settlement or verdict that is fair and meets your needs.
Our Colorado personal injury law firm has the experience to know when our clients are being treated fairly and will respond accordingly. Contact John R. Fuller, P.C., for a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
We’re available 24/7 by phone, fax and e-mail. We return after-hours calls promptly, and provide interpreters for our Spanish-speaking clients.