Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Denver Personal Injury Attorney
- In 2008, over 5,200 motorcyclists were killed in accidents across the United States—-in 1998, there were only 2,294.
- Overall, there were 96,000 motorcyclists injured in 2008.
- The number of motorcycle fatalities has been increasing steadily every year for over a decade.
- In Colorado, there were 88 motorcyclists killed in 2008—of these 30% were driving impaired with a Blood Alcohol Content of >0.08.
- In 2008, 67% of all motorcyclists killed in Colorado were not wearing a helmet.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that in 2008 alone, 1,829 motorcyclists are alive today because they were wearing a motorcycle helmet at the time of their accident.
- In 2006, 752 motorcyclists could have been saved if they had been wearing their helmets.
- Motorcycle helmets are 37% more effective in preventing fatal injuries to motorcyclists and 41% more effective in preventing fatal injuries to motorcycle passengers.
- States that have universal helmet laws have a much higher percentage of helmeted motorcyclists (86%) compared with states that did not (55%).
- Helmet use increased to 61% in the Northeast.
- Motorcyclists are 37 times more likely than car drivers to die in an accident and 9 times more likely to be injured (per vehicle mile traveled).
- In 2008, 25% of all fatal motorcycle accidents were single motorcycle crashes with fixed objects.
- In 2008, 41% of all motorcycle crashes with another vehicle occurred when the other vehicle was turning left and failed to notice the motorcyclist coming.
- In accidents involving two vehicles, motorcyclists were struck in the front 77% of the time.
- When riding a motorcycle, never ride in between cars or trucks even if it is permissible in your area.
- Approximately 137,000 motorcyclists died between 1966 and 2006.
Fighting for Your Rights as a Motorcyclist
As a lawyer dedicated to protecting the rights of injured victims, Attorney John R. Fuller argues persuasively on any motorcycle accident question. He will battle the insurance company counsel every step of the way, fighting them in their efforts to pay you as little as possible for the pain and suffering you’ve experienced. You can be assured that he won’t be satisfied until you are. This client commitment is a major reason why he has successfully handled so many cases just like yours.
He works hard to build a strong case. His understanding of negligence, mastery of legal strategy and knowledge of motorcycle accidents on the roads and highways of Colorado works in your favor. He is always ready to go to trial to obtain the compensation you need and deserve for your motorcycle accident.
Contact an Aurora Lawyer
Serving injured people throughout the state, we are known for our dedication to clients’ needs. Contact us for a free initial consultation and honest assessment of your legal situation. We’re available 24/7 by phone, fax and e-mail. We return after-hours calls promptly and provide interpreters for our Spanish-speaking clients. Servicios del intérprete disponibles.