Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.
Trucking Accident Causes
Aurora and Denver Trucking Accident Injury Attorney
The All-Too-Common Causes of Trucking AccidentsAlthough it is highly regulated, the trucking industry has shown a propensity to run afoul of common laws and regulations on a repeated basis. This negligence results in thousands of accidents every year that result in injury, destruction of property, and death. Here is a sampling of causes of recent accidents in which the truck driver and/or the trucking company were found liable:
- Overloaded and/or over-sized trucks, in violation of local statutes.
- Broken/missing safety equipment, including lights, brakes, reflectors, and cabin warning devices.
- Driver error due to recklessness (aggressive behavior, driving too fast for conditions), fatigue (failure to heed mandatory rest regulations), criminal activity (drug use), or inadequate training or experience.
- Failure to obey common rules of the road.
- Previously-sanctioned drivers committing repeat offenses.