John R. Fuller P.C.

1736 Race Street
Denver, CO 80206

(303) 597-4500

Automobile Accident FAQs

Aurora and Denver Car Accident Lawyer

What should I do if I’ve been in a car accident?

A: If you have been in an accident, call 911 immediately. Even minor injuries can quickly become serious injuries if not treated quickly. All parties involved in the accident should receive medical attention after an accident to rule out any injuries. If you are not injured, exchange information with the driver and passengers of the other vehicle involved, including name, addresses, phone numbers, and insurance information. Make sure to note down the make, model, color, and license plate of the other car, as well as the time, date and location of the accident, the weather conditions at the time of the accident, and any statements made at the scene of the accident. If there are witnesses, take down their information as well. Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle. Avoid making any statements that may indicate fault on your part or lack of injury. You should also contact your automobile insurance carrier that day to report the accident.  

Q: If I am fully covered by insurance, why do I need an attorney?

A: Although you may be covered by insurance, it is the job of insurance adjusters and investigators to find a way to pay out the minimum amount possible on a claim. As such, you may not end up receiving full compensation for all of your property damage or physical and emotional injuries. An experienced Colorado personal injury attorney can negotiate with your insurance company and/or the other driver’s insurance company to obtain complete compensation for you.

Q: What type of compensation will I receive as a result of a car accident?

A: Every accident is different, and thus, every case arising out of an accident is unique. You should receive full compensation for the cost of repairing all property damage done to your vehicle. If your vehicle was deemed a total loss, you are entitled to receive the fair market value for your car in the condition it was in prior to the accident. If you suffered injuries as a result of the accident, you may receive reimbursement for the medical cost to treat your injuries. If you will require ongoing treatment, that should be factored in as well. Typically, a multiplier is placed on that amount to account for “pain and suffering” due to your injuries. In addition, if you have incurred any other expenses as a result of the accident, such as loss of wages due to missed work because of your injuries or cost of child care because your injuries prevented you from taking care of your children, those may be part of your claim.

Denver Car Accident Lawyer

Contact an Aurora and Denver Car Accident Lawyer Today!

Motor vehicle accidents can have disastrous consequences for everyone involved. Victims can be left with severe and lifelong disabilities and as a result, families can suddenly find themselves in dire financial trouble. When this happens you may be required to pursue legal action against the responsible parties. A Colorado personal injury attorney will be able to assist you throughout the legal process to ensure that you receive a fair and complete settlement. If you have been injured in a car accident, contact Denver car accident lawyer John R. Fuller today. The Denver personal injury attorney you select often makes the difference between a settlement that favors the insurance company and a settlement or verdict that is fair and meets your needs. Our Colorado personal injury law firm has the experience to know when our clients are being treated fairly and will respond accordingly. Contact John R. Fuller, P.C., for a free initial consultation to discuss your case. We’re available 24/7 by phone, fax and e-mail. We return after-hours calls promptly, and provide interpreters for our Spanish-speaking clients. Bookmark and Share