John R. Fuller P.C.

1736 Race Street
Denver, CO 80206

(303) 597-4500

JasonCam20111209 164Car accidents are a daily part of life in Colorado, with millions of car accidents occurring annually across the country. Understandably, many people get nervous when they are involved in a car accident. Knowing what to do after a car accident can be difficult in the best of times, but when someone is injured, the police are involved, and people are getting emotional, it can be very difficult to know how to react, and doing the wrong thing by mistake can be very easy. When the an accident results in serious injuries, it is a good idea to speak with an experienced Denver car accident lawyer. Here are some frequently asked questions about Colorado car accident.

Q: If I am in a car accident, and the police come, should I talk to them?

A: Yes, you should speak to the police. There is no need to tell the police more than simply the facts of the accident. You should not say anything that indicates blame; don’t accept blame for the accident, and don’t accuse anyone else of fault in the accident. The accident reports that police officers take are not always accurate, but it is best not to give the police a reason to think badly of you, either by claiming responsibility or by blaming someone else. A dedicated Denver car accident lawyer can often conduct an independent investigation, and demonstrate the facts of the case, even if the police officer got them wrong.

Q: Do I have to tell my insurance company about my car accident?

A: Yes, you do need to notify your insurance company. When it comes to insurance, in many cases the less you say the better, particularly when it comes to the other driver’s insurance company. This is another example of why it is a good idea to speak with a Denver car accident lawyer who can help ensure that nothing that is said to the insurance company is twisted in order to be used against you.

Q: What should I do if the car insurance company won’t pay my claim?

A: Unfortunately, it is standard practice at some insurance companies to simply deny large claims in order to protect their own bottom line. The claim you filed after your car accident has been denied, or if they are offering you a settlement that you don’t believe will cover the cost of the accident, speak with a dedicated Denver car accident attorney to discuss your options. John Fuller can help you understand your rights, and ensure that you receive the full, fair value of your insurance claim.

Contact an Experienced Denver Car Accident Attorney Today

john-fuller-personal-injury-attorneyCall John R. Fuller, PC today if you have been seriously injured in a car accident. John has helped countless Coloradans who have been injured in car accidents to receive the medical care that they need, and that the full, fair value of the insurance claim is paid. Your family should not suffer financial hardship on top of physical injury and emotional trauma that was caused by someone else’s negligence. He can help recover compensation for medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering from injuries caused by the negligence of another person. For more information and a FREE CONSULTATION, contact John today at (303)597-4500.