[…] you lost a loved one in a tragic car accident? Contact a dedicated Denver wrongful death attorney today to discuss your […]
- In late September, 2014, Jennifer Lopez and Leah Remini were in Lopez’s Rolls Royce, stopped at a Malibu traffic light when a pickup truck hit the car from behind. Lopez’s six-year old twins and Remini’s ten-year old daughter were in the backseat. The stars and their children were on the way to a Demi Lovato concert. Neither Lopez nor Remini were seriously injured in the crash; however, Robert John Reitz was later charged with DUI in relation to the crash. Reitz was charged with a misdemeanor for operating a vehicle with a .08 BAC, and if found guilty, he could face six months in jail and $1,000 fine.
- In January, 2014, MMA Champion, Tito Ortiz smashed his 2012 Porsche near the Santa Monica Blvd and Sepulveda. Ortiz was heading north when he lost control of the Porsche, colliding into the center median strip. Two people were in the car with him, and while all escaped serious injury, Ortiz blew a 0.12% on a breathalyzer test—1.5 times the legal limit. Ortiz—who holds the UFC light heavyweight champion title—had reportedly been partying at the Playboy Mansion prior to the accident. Ortiz easily met the requirement of a $15,000 bond.
- “Survivor” star, Jessica Kiper was arrested for drunk driving in New Orleans on January 11, 2014. Kiper apparently rear-ended a car in front of a Baton Rouge high school. Once police placed Kiper under arrest and put her in the back of the police car, she reportedly snapped a selfie of herself, sharing it on Instagram. Kiper made the top three on Survivor: Gabon, then was a contestant on Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains. Later, Kiper appeared on Celebrity Rehab, and acted on Gilmore Girls prior to joining the cast of Survivor.
- Chris Kattan, former comedian on Saturday Night Live was arrested in February 2014, after an accident in Encino, CA. Kattan crashed his car into a Department of Transportation vehicle on the 101 freeway in the San Fernando Valley. The accident occurred just after 1:00 a.m. Kattan was sentenced to a mandatory 12-step program, DUI classes and a number of fines. Kattan was reportedly weaving back and forth across the roadway at relatively slow speeds, then crossed into a closed area, striking the DOT vehicle.
- In early December, a drunk driver sideswiped actress Megan Fox and actor Brian Austin Green. The couple were on Mulholland Drive, in a Range Rover when another driver struck their vehicle. The driver reportedly had a blood alcohol level of twice the legal limit. There were no serious injuries resulting from the collision.