[…] you lost a loved one in a tragic car accident? Contact a dedicated Denver wrongful death attorney today to discuss your […]
Denver Car Accident Attorney
Automobile Accident Lawyer Serving ColoradoAurora & Denver Auto Accident Injury Lawyer Injuries from motor vehicle accidents in Colorado and the United States number in the millions every year. If you become one of these auto accident statistics, you may be shocked at the difficulties you have getting fair treatment and compensation for your injuries. At John R. Fuller, P.C., we have years of experience helping people just like you.
How the Colorado law affects you after a car wreckCourts usually render decisions on car, truck and motorcycle accident cases based on the law of negligence. Someone who operates a motor vehicle negligently may be required to pay any damages for harm to a person or property. Operators of motor vehicles therefore must exercise reasonable care. In most lawsuits, failure to use reasonable care is the basis for damages caused by a car accident. Contact our Aurora law office to learn more.
What do you need to do if you are injured in an auto accident?
- Write down everything
- Seek medical treatment
- Do not make recorded statements
- Do not sign medical releases
- Contact a knowledgeable lawyer to find out whether you have a case
Frequent causes and factors in motor vehicle accidentsWhether a negligent driver was responsible depends on a number of factors. He or she may have been speeding, driving too slowly, or operating the vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Failure to signal while turning and failure to pay attention to inclement weather or traffic conditions may also be contributory factors. Overlooking traffic signs, failure to drive on the correct side of the road, and a variety of other causes may contribute to the crash, resulting in injury to you. In addition to being your vigorous advocate in litigation, our law firm advises and counsels on many matters related to auto accidents, including:
- Property damage: We help expedite property damage claims with your insurance company.
- Medical bills: We work to ensure you have resources to pay your medical bills, as settlements can often be delayed.
- Med-Pay: This is part of your insurance policy that can pay your medical bills, regardless of fault. It is complicated and requires a knowledgeable lawyer to monitor the coverage and benefits you receive.
- PIP: or personal injury protection. Similar to Med-Pay, this provision is most common in older Colorado policies or in out-of-state policies. It is also known as “no-fault” insurance.
- Uninsured motorists (UM): This is a claim against your own insurance company if you are in an accident caused by a driver with no insurance.
- Underinsured motorists (UIM): This is a claim against your own insurance company if you are in an accident caused by a driver with insurance inadequate to cover your losses.
- Insurance subrogation: This refers to the efforts by insurance companies to collect from other sources to recover the monies they paid out to you. For example, your health insurance company may try to collect from the at-fault driver’s auto insurance to recover the amount they paid for your medical treatment.
How we can help after a motor vehicle accidentOur car accident attorney has handled many cases similar to yours and can help you navigate through the steps of a car accident claim or lawsuit. We: