[…] you lost a loved one in a tragic car accident? Contact a dedicated Denver wrongful death attorney today to discuss your […]
Injured in a Construction Accident
Colorado Personal Injury AttorneyEvery year construction related accidents account for over 1,000 work fatalities and over 130,000 injuries. In fact, in 2007 alone, the construction industry accounts for more work fatalities than any other industry sector. Injuries from forklift accidents, crane accidents and asbestos exposure can lead to serious and debilitating injuries that can lead to a lifetime of struggles. If you or someone you love is injured in a construction related accident – do you know what to do after you are injured? After you have been injured in a construction accident, it is important to protect yourself and your legal rights by taking the following steps:
- Immediately following a construction accident, it is important to seek medical attention – even if you belief your injuries are minor. Injuries may worsen over time and can lead to serious and sometimes life threatening complications if not treated quickly.
- Report your injuries to the police, the construction supervisor or the construction company, and make sure that a written report of the incident is filed. An accurate report is vital to your legal case and to receiving the compensation you are entitled to.
- Locate any witnesses and make sure you obtain their contact information.
- If possible, have a loved one take pictures of the construction accident scene including any evidence that may help establish your case. Be sure to note any malfunctioning equipment, loose bolts, broken switches or improperly maintained equipment. Any evidence you can preserve will be vital to your case and can help your construction accident attorney negotiate a higher settlement.
- Contact a Colorado construction accident attorney or a Colorado personal injury attorney immediately to discuss your case. Your attorney will be able to review all of your legal options with you and help you determine which option is right for you.