John R. Fuller P.C.

1736 Race Street
Denver, CO 80206

(303) 597-4500

Police Misconduct

Aurora and Denver Police Misconduct Attorney

Police officers have a responsibility and a duty to protect citizens from harm. They take an oath as peace officers to uphold the law and “protect and serve” the community. Unfortunately, some police officers abuse their power and their position. This police misconduct not only creates distrust and animosity – but it is also illegal. Police misconduct can be of a civil or a criminal nature. Some categories of misconduct include:
  • Non-firearm excessive force/brutality
  • Sexual misconduct
  • Fraud/theft
  • Accepting bribes
  • Improper search and seizure
  • Harassment
  • Racism
  • Sexism
  • Shooting
  • Civil rights violations
If you or a loved one have been a victim of police misconduct, you must initially file a complaint against the officer/department. After an allegation is made, the incident of misconduct will be investigated.  An investigation may be internal or external and it may involve the Federal Department of Justice. Results of an investigation can result in criminal charges being filed against the police officer being charged with misconduct. In fact, 33% of all police officers charged with an offense have been convicted. If you or a loved one has been a victim of police misconduct, it is important to contact a Colorado personal injury attorney immediately. Standing up to police misconduct is the best way to eradicate it completely. Unfortunately, many victims of police misconduct do not understand their rights. As a result, they do not realize they have legal options and the offending officer goes unpunished. If you have been a victim of police misconduct, the law is on your side. However, due to the complexities surrounding police misconduct cases, it is important to have an experienced Colorado attorney in your corner. Your attorney will be able to discuss all of your legal options with you, so you can choose the one that is right for you.

Contact an Aurora and Denver Police Misconduct Attorney

We are available 24/7, and routinely handle personal injury cases across Colorado. We represent Colorado residents as well as clients injured while visiting our state. Discuss your case with personal injury attorney John R. Fuller, P.C., by scheduling a free initial consultation. (303) 597-4500. Bookmark and Share