[…] you lost a loved one in a tragic car accident? Contact a dedicated Denver wrongful death attorney today to discuss your […]
Experienced Colorado Personal Injury LawyerSummertime should be a wonderful and carefree time. Long bicycle rides, swimming at the lake with friends and mountain hiking await all Colorado residents during the warm summer months. Unfortunately, the summer is also a time when a variety of summertime injuries occur – to adults and children alike. These injuries can range from mild scrapes and fractures to more serious head injuries and even death.
Summertime Injuries – DrowningSwimming in both swimming pools and nearby lakes and streams can be a fun way to spend a lazy summer day. But when the proper safety precautions are not taken, serious and deadly summertime accidents can occur. Nonfatal drownings can cause brain damage that may result in long-term disabilities – including memory problems, learning disabilities, and permanent loss of basic functioning.
- In 2005 there were 3,582 fatal unintentional drownings in the United States.
- Ten people drown every day in the United States.
- An additional 710 people died, from drowning and other causes, in boating-related incidents.
- More than one in four fatal drowning victims are children 14 and younger.
- For every child who dies from drowning, another four received emergency department care for nonfatal submersion injuries.