[…] you lost a loved one in a tragic car accident? Contact a dedicated Denver wrongful death attorney today to discuss your […]
Trucking Accident Causes
Aurora and Denver Trucking Accident Injury Attorney
The All-Too-Common Causes of Trucking AccidentsAlthough it is highly regulated, the trucking industry has shown a propensity to run afoul of common laws and regulations on a repeated basis. This negligence results in thousands of accidents every year that result in injury, destruction of property, and death. Here is a sampling of causes of recent accidents in which the truck driver and/or the trucking company were found liable:
- Overloaded and/or over-sized trucks, in violation of local statutes.
- Broken/missing safety equipment, including lights, brakes, reflectors, and cabin warning devices.
- Driver error due to recklessness (aggressive behavior, driving too fast for conditions), fatigue (failure to heed mandatory rest regulations), criminal activity (drug use), or inadequate training or experience.
- Failure to obey common rules of the road.
- Previously-sanctioned drivers committing repeat offenses.